Labels

Friday, September 23, 2011

The desires of thine heart

I'm finding it very interesting how my priorities change once I start stepping into the next stages of my life. I've always been so proud of being independent and single. I was always told that eventually I would not mind not being single and I would enjoy depending on someone else. I never thought that was at all possible for me. But I find I'm really enjoying having a relationship with someone that is encouraging, trusting, patient, and uplifting and someone who is my best friend and have so much fun with and a relationship that is supported by our parents and going somewhere! (positive that was a run on sentence!) Past couple days I've been thinking about this verse. Ps 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." I've prayed many times that if it is in God's will for my life that he will give me the desires of my heart. What I didn't realize is that I don't know my heart, God does, and he knows what my true desires are. Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"  I had such a strong opinion about what I wanted in a relationship but that was not my true heart's desire. God knew what I needed. The desires that I have seem to be coming into place and I believe it is all God's doing. It just makes me love my savior even more!


3 comments:

Kali said...

Hey! I know that guy!! ;)

Maggie said...

I thought I regonized him! :) I am glad God has given BOTH of you the desires of your hearts. God certainly does know us better than we even know ourselves!

Unknown said...

He must have one of those familiar faces! haha I can not wait to spend more time with you two, I wish all of you were moving to Tucson. I feel bad that Josh is moving away from his family :/ I know it'd be hard if I were in both of your shoes. I know we could use ladies like you in our church ;) nudge, nudge