Labels

Sunday, October 31, 2010

"You can never turn your back on the ocean."

I never really experienced the ocean to its fullest or that much water in general until this last summer in Washington. I am so amazed at how vast it is. You can not see the end, just goes on and on. I was lucky enough to have a native islander of Oak Harbor show me all the great views of the Ocean and tour the beaches. Also, my lovely sister and her family showed me even more of its splendor! Pictures don't do it justice but they do capture the moments. Enjoy =)

"Best view of the ocean in Oak Harbor" according to a reliable source

View from Fort Casey

Waves make the most calming, relaxing sounds

Found some strange kinds of seaweed and lots of mussels
My little niece, Emma enjoying all the rocks

  

3 comments:

Cheryl Anderson said...

What? You don't remember going to the ocean when you were 5 months old and eating mouthfuls of sand? Huh. Weird!

Kimberly said...

I'm so jealous. Gorgeous pics

Kali said...

Hi! Maggie told me you were a fellow blogger. :) I'm so excited to read yours now!

Oh how I miss the ocean...sniff sniff. You don't realize it's beauty until you're no longer surrounded by it.