Labels

Monday, May 2, 2011

Geo caching!

I up and decided to go found another geo cache around my house. I found one about a year ago near our fire station and I know there's quite a few others around. www.geocaching.com has a listing of all of them in your area. So I found dad's gps and headed out. I parked at the gait where the trail started and took my bike the rest of the way. Needless to say 2 hrs later I finally found it! Not only did I find the geo cache but also a couple abandoned freight cars that looked like little shack homes. Kinda creepy! I only had to break out the first aid kit once :) A rock just jumped RIGHT out into the trail and attacked my leg, viscous little bugger. No, actually it was a result of there being too much sand on a trail while riding a bike, combined with desert rocks and cactus! I was in an area within 10 miles of our house but even closer to the Mexican border; therefore I brought my little taser, you never know! Once you find the geo cache it's filled with items/trinkets people have placed in the container and a notebook to sign in that you were there. If you put something in you can take something out. I put in one of my South African coins and took out an army man :)

Watch this if your curious about joining in on the fun! 
http://youtu.be/-4VFeYZTTYs

aannnd... this one is cool :) 
http://youtu.be/1FxrMY91jJU


Starting out!

The creepy train houses

Inside one of the shacks. That container is a trash can and someone wrote on the board next to it "Time bandit 6:00"


My wound - it's not nearly as bad as it looks

The geocache is inside this tank! I had to lean into that opening and reach down to get it

Mexico is this way


6 comments:

Sandra said...

That sounds like so much fun! I had no idea what it was until I read your blog. I would love to do that but am not so sure I'm brave enough to stick my hand into something around here or go out into the desert, not to mention in shape enough, loll. Sounds wonderful though!!

Kimberly said...

How creative!! That would be so much fun, but never by myself. You are so brave and yes...I too would make you stick your hand into a rusty old tank thing!!

Maggie said...

That sounds like alot of fun to do! I'm sure people will put all sorts of interesting things in those boxes! ;o)

Jamie said...

Yay a fellow Tucsonan! I have been having the hardest time trying to find Tucson bloggers. So awesome!
Geocaching looks really cool. I've always wanted to try it. Is it expensive to do?

Unknown said...

It is VERY inexpensive, except for having to have a gps!

Jamie Kay said...

by yourself, that close to Mexico, with a taser :D Ok, well, you know they travel in groups right?? And you can use a taser...once...just sayin', but the geo caching does sound fun! So sorry that rock took a liking to you :D Be careful? And maybe get a gun. With about fourteen shots. :D