Labels

Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's a blogging kind of Sunday

Today was our church's 53rd anniversary. I've hardly been there a year but I love it and definitely will make it my home church for as long as possible! We had lunch on the grounds, baptist potluck style. This week is also the King James Bible 400th anniversary. I remember in school as a kid I loved reading the stories of those who worked hard and even gave their lives to keep getting the Bible in the hands of the lost. It is the inspired and preserved word of God. We had a great day on the church bus today as well! Started an incentive poster board where the kids can earn points and at the end of May whoever has the most will get the graaannnnd prize....which is yet to be determined. What do I get a 7-12yr old kid!? Lauren has been amazing and starting forms for the kids to fill out about themselves, birthdays, favorite items, ect. We will put them all in a binder with their picture so we can get to know them individually and be able to celebrate their birthdays. I love seeing the kids get excited about singing songs and playing games. Need to keep browsing for more ideas for songs, games, activities, and ways to keep them wanting to come and bring friends! We have no evening service tonight and it's a beautiful day. Therefore, a hike or some sort of outdoor activity  must take place! I know if I lay down and read then I'll be doomed to take a nap, I won't be able to get up! I applied for West Coast Baptist College on Saturday. I still am getting the various forms sent in and then it'll be official. Now just taking large donations to be able to get there this fall :) I can not wait for next weekend already to be able to go out on visitation and church on Sunday. My days revolve around the times I get to go to church and see him working and changing my life! At West coast I will get to see that everyday!!
Francisco- today was the first day he actually got out of his bubble and talked to me :)

Aaliaya - very sweet and calm!

Our fearless bus driver

Summer - my singing buddy

Mia

Kayla

Lincoln

No comments: